The Stranger Story - A Weekend in London

 Anna enjoyed a weekend in London, staying at a big hotel and going shopping on Saturday. They went to a cinema in the evening. 

On Sunday, they visited a park and returned to Woodend. Anna felt disappointed when Peter accused her of being involved with Dave Slayton, and he left abruptly, leaving her feeling alone and unhappy.

The Stranger Story - A Weekend in London.

let's begin our sequence.

Sequence 10.

A Weekend in London

Anna enjoyed the weekend. They arrived in London late on Friday evening and stayed at a big hotel. On Saturday they went shopping and in the evening they went to a cinema.

On Sunday they went to a park. They came back to Woodend on Sunday evening. It was the last Sunday in September. On Monday Anna went to the shop. It was not so busy now. Summer was over.

Most of the customers were villagers. It was a cold autumn. On Monday evening Peter came to see Anna. Hello, said Anna. Did you win on Saturday? No, said Peter.

We didn't win. And I didn't play. Anna was surprised. You didn't play? Why not? What was wrong? I didn't feel very well on Saturday morning. I stayed in Woodend. I was in the village all weekend.

Anna's face was red. Her voice was quiet. Are you feeling better now? she asked. No, said Peter. And you know why. Anna tried to look surprised. Me? she said.

Oh, Anna, said Peter. You know what's wrong. It's you and Dave Slayton. What do you mean, me and Dave Slayton? said Anna quickly. You went away with him on Friday evening. Someone saw you in Dave's car. Anna tried to explain.

Oh, it's nothing, she said. Dave and I went... Shut up, said Peter. I don't want to know, Anna. Don't talk about it. But Peter, said Anna. Peter didn't listen. I know he's got a lot of money. He can take you to places. He's from a big city.

I'm a poor village boy, Anna. But you must choose. You must choose between Dave and me. You can't have both of us. I know that, Peter, said Anna, and I don't want both of you. But listen, Peter, I want to tell you about Dave.

There's something very strange about him. Dave, Dave, Dave, Peter shouted. You talk about him all the time. I don't want to hear his name again. Peter turned round and walked out of the room. He left Anna's house. Now Anna was alone.

She was very unhappy. She wanted to talk to Peter. She wanted to tell him about Dave. She wanted to tell him about Greta Gordon and about Mike Bailey. But Peter had left her.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post